Field trips to destinations of geographical importance, conferences at focal points of world history, forums about issues with substance and relevant participants are the signature of our event calendar.
- Video-Conference (in German) “Freihandel: Europas Weg aus der Krise?” on February 8, 2022
Speaker: Harald Christ, Chairman, Christ&Company Consulting; Discussants: Professor Dr. Michael Hüther, Chairman of the Supervisory Board TÜV Rheinland AG; Director and Member of the Presidium, Institut der deutschen Wirtschaft Köln e.V. (German Economic Institute); Margrit Lelieveld-Solmsdorff, Global Head of Real Estate, Philips International; Supervisory Board Member, Philips DACH, Hamburg; Moderator: Dr. Josef Joffe, Editor and Publisher, DIE ZEIT
- GlobalBridges@GlobalArt on February 24, 2022 (meet in-person)
In Cooperation with Deutsche Bank (PalaisPopulaire)
- First German-Chinese Video Symposium (in German) on January 18, 2022
Topic: The Future of Afghanistan – seen from Europe and from China; Speakers: Dr. Jasper Wieck, Special Representative of the German Government for Afghanistan & Pakistan and South Asia & the Indo-Pacific; Dr. Almut Wieland-Karimi, Executive Director of the Center for International Peace Operations; Felix Lee, Correspondent, TAZ; Ming Shi, Independent Journalist; Moderator: Dr. Volker Stanzel, Ambassador (ret.)
- Video Conference (in German) “Singapore leaping forward – the new Hong Kong?” on December 9
Speaker: Dr. Norbert Riedel, German Ambassador to Singapore; Nikolaus Graf Lambsdorff, former German Ambassador to Malaysia, former Consul General in Hong Kong; Moderator: Dr. Peter Strüven, Сhairman, StrüvenConsulting, Member of the International Advisory Board, Global Bridges
- Thanksgiving Dinner / XX Frankfurt Global Forum on November 30
In-person event at the invitation of the U.S. Consul General in Frankfurt, Norman Thatcher Scharpf.
- Second Global Bridges Climate Video Symposium (in German) on November 30
Topic: Climate-related Energy Policy and Security Policy; Speakers: Professor Dr. Klaus Töpfer, Federal Minister (ret.); Sigmar Gabriel, Vice Chancellor (ret.); Chairman, Atlantik-Brücke e.V.; Moderator: Professor Dr. Friedbert Pflüger, Managing Director, Bingmann Pflüger International GmbH
- Video Conference “The Fall of Kabul: Lessons Learned?” on November 17
Speakers: Andreas von Brandt, Ambassador of the European Union to the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan; Prof. Dr. Neamat Nojumi, Professor at George Mason University; Moderator: Dr. Angela Stanzel, Researcher at Stiftung Wissenschaft und Politik