Field trips to destinations of geographical importance, conferences at focal points of world history, forums about issues with substance and relevant participants are the signature of our event calendar.
- XL Berlin Global Forum on November 29
Topic: Europe: What now? Speaker: John C. Kornblum, former US Ambassador to Germany; Consultant, Noerr LLP; Moderator: Simon Schütz, Press Spokesman, Verband der Automobilindustrie e.V. (VDA);
- Second Global Bridges Climate Video Symposium (in German) on November 30
Topic: Climate-related Energy Policy and Security Policy; Speakers: Professor Dr. Klaus Töpfer, Federal Minister (ret.); Sigmar Gabriel, Vice Chancellor (ret.); Chairman, Atlantik-Brücke e.V.; Moderator: Professor Dr. Friedbert Pflüger, Managing Director, Bingmann Pflüger International GmbH
- Thanksgiving Dinner / XX Frankfurt Global Forum on November 30
In-person event at the invitation of the U.S. Consul General in Frankfurt, Norman Thatcher Scharpf.
- Video Conference (in German) “Singapore leaping forward – the new Hong Kong?” on December 9
Speaker: Dr. Norbert Riedel, German Ambassador to Singapore; Nikolaus Graf Lambsdorff, former German Ambassador to Malaysia, former Consul General in Hong Kong; Moderator: Dr. Peter Strüven, Сhairman, StrüvenConsulting, Member of the International Advisory Board, Global Bridges
- Video Conference “The Fall of Kabul: Lessons Learned?” on November 17
Speakers: Andreas von Brandt, Ambassador of the European Union to the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan; Prof. Dr. Neamat Nojumi, Professor at George Mason University; Moderator: Dr. Angela Stanzel, Researcher at Stiftung Wissenschaft und Politik
- Video Conference (in German): “A new government: What does the economy expect?” on October 26
Speakers: Dr. Stefan Traeger, Chairman of the Board, Jenoptik AG; Martin Kind, Owner and Managing Director, Kind-Gruppe; Moderator: Michael Behrens, Co-Founder and Managing Director, Die Himmelsschreiber
- Global Bridges Day 2021 / Annual Membership Meeting
In-person, German-language event on September 7, 2021 in Berlin, Germany.
- “Musée privé”: Exclusive Guided Tour of Exhibitions (meet in-person, in German) on September 6, 2021: Impressionism: The Hasso Plattner Collection & Impressionism in Russia: Dawn of the Avant-Garde
At the Museum Barberini, Potsdam, followed by dinner at Restaurant Waage (walking distance)
- Video Symposium on August 16 (Englisch-language event): “New Data Economy and its Consequences”
Speakers: Young Sohn, CEO, Harman / Kardon ; until recently President of Samsung Electronics and Alastair Buchan, Chair of Stroke Research and Pro-Vice Chancellor of Oxford University. Moderator: Ali Aslan, International TV Presenter, Conference Moderator, Journalist