Field trips to destinations of geographical importance, conferences at focal points of world history, forums about issues with substance and relevant participants are the signature of our event calendar.
Schedule of Activities
Members can access our schedule of activities here.
Program – First Half of 2023
- Study Trip to Egypt from May 6-13, 2023
Cairo and Alexandria
- VI Walther Leisler Kiep Symposium “The Demise of Globalization? Polycrisis and the State of the World Economy” from June 14-15, 2023
- Video Symposium “Deutschlands China-Strategie: Quo Vadis?” on March 16, 2023
Speakers: Jörg Wuttke, European Chamber of Commerce in China; Dr. Angela Stanzel, Stiftung Wissenschaft und Politik (SWP); Felix Lee, China Table
Moderator: Katrin Otto, China Market Development, Deutsche Börse
- Study Trip to Singapore and Malaysia from March 4-13, 2023
Singapore and Kuala Lumpur
- IV Geopolitical Monitor “Nuclear ‘Zeitenwende’: The dawning of a new era of deterrence?” on March 2, 2023
Speakers: Dr. Tobias Bunde, Münchner Sicherheitskonferenz and Hertie School; Prof. Angela E. Stent, Brookings Institution and Georgetown University
Moderator: Dr. Aylin Matlé, DGAP
In cooperation with the Centre for International Security at the Hertie School
- III Geopolitical Monitor “Cyberkrieg gegen die Ukraine: Das Internet als zweiter Kriegsschauplatz” on February 23, 2023
Speaker: Remigiusz Plath, Hasso Plattner Stiftung
Moderator: Malte Hohlfeld, Global Bridges
- New Year’s Reception / III Global Bridges@GlobalArt on February 16, 2023
Exhibition „ESCRIBIR TODOS SUS NOMBRES – Spanische Künstlerinnen von 1960 bis heute“
In cooperation with Deutsche Bank (PalaisPopulaire)
The Fall of Kabul: Lessons Learned?
On Wednesday, November 17, Global Bridges held a video conference titled “The Fall of Kabul: Lessons Learned?” The panellists were Ambassador Andreas von Brandt, the European Union’s Ambassador to the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, and Professor Dr. Neamat Nojumi, who is a professor at George Mason University. The video conference was moderated by Dr. Angela […]
How can South Africa gain more stability going forward?
In light of the planned Study Trip to South Africa in 2022, Global Bridges hosted a video conference on September 16, 2021, about the latest political and economic developments in South Africa. The guest speakers were Dr. Rüdiger Lotz, Deputy German Ambassador to South Africa and Mr. Matthias Boddenberg, Managing Director of the German Chamber […]