Field trips to destinations of geographical importance, conferences at focal points of world history, forums about issues with substance and relevant participants are the signature of our event calendar.
Members can access our schedule of activities here.
- VII Study Trip to Israel and the West Bank May 20-28, 2022
- V Walther Leisler Kiep Symposium June 15-16, 2022 (meet in-person, in English)
Topic: „The War in Ukraine: Implications for Europe’s Russia Policies“
- Visit of North Dakota Teachers to Germany July 3-9, 2022
Hildesheim - Berlin
- Video-Conference (in German) “Bedrohungen für Deutschland- Herausforderungen für den BND?” on July 7, 2022
Speaker: Dr. Bruno Kahl, President of the Bundesnachrichtendienst (BND); Moderator: Professor Dr. Susanne Fischer, Hochschule des Bundes für öffentliche Verwaltung (HSB)
- Video Symposium (in German) “Fateful election for France and Europe: Where is our continent heading?” on March 29, 2022
Speakers: Ulrich Wickert, Journalist; Dr. Franziska Brantner, MdB, Parliamentary State Secretary in the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Action; Moderator: Simon Schütz, Press Spokesman, Verband der Automobilindustrie e.V. (VDA)
- XLII Berlin Global Forum on March 10, 2022 (meet in-person)
Topic (in german): Sustainability in the globalized economy ; Speaker and Host: Michael Zissis Vassiliadis, Chairman, Industriegewerkschaft Bergbau, Chemie, Energie Berlin, Germany.
- GlobalBridges@GlobalArt on February 24, 2022 (meet in-person)
In Cooperation with Deutsche Bank (PalaisPopulaire)
- Video Symposium “Russian-Chinese Relations: Emerging Alliance or Eternal Rivals?” on February 22, 2022
Speakers: Jo Inge Bekkevold, Senior Advisor, Norwegian Institute for Defence Studies; Dr. Marcin Kaczmarski, Lecturer in Security Studies (Central & East European Studies), School of Social & Political Sciences, University of Glasgow Moderator: Dr. Sarah Kirchberger, Head of the Center for Asia-Pacific Strategy and Security, Institute for Security Policy at Kiel University; Vice President, German Maritime Institute (DMI)
- Video-Conference (in German) “Green Inflation” on February 8, 2022
Speakers: Professor Dr. Michael Hüther, Chairman of the Supervisory Board TÜV Rheinland AG; Director and Member of the Presidium, Institut der deutschen Wirtschaft Köln e.V. (German Economic Institute); Professor Dr. Bert Rürup, Chief Economist, HANDELSBLATT; Moderator: Mark Schieritz, Economic Correspondent, DIE ZEIT